Get your day off to a good start with this quick and easy maple and pecan granola recipe – perfect for those of you with a busy lifestyle; simply bake up a batch and store it in an airtight container ready for the week ahead.
This granola is full of nutritious goodies, including nuts and seeds which are high in fibre and anti-oxidants. It is sweetened with pure maple syrup – a good alternative to refined sugar, as it contains minerals and antioxidants and raises blood sugar levels slower than normal sugar.
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free and suitable for those with Coeliac Disease, gluten intolerance or dairy intolerance. If you struggle to tolerate oats, swap them for the same amount of buckwheat flakes.
- 200g gluten free oats
- 50g golden linseed
- 50g pecans
- 20g flaked almonds
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 4.
- 2. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, golden linseed, flaked almonds, oil and 4 tablespoons of the maple syrup.
- 4. Equally divide the mixture between the two trays and spread the mixture out into a thin layer.
- 5. Bake for 5 minutes, give the oats a turn then bake for a further 5 minutes.
- 6. While the granola is baking, chop the pecans into quarters and coat with the remaining maple syrup.
- 7. Spoon the pecans across both trays and bake for a final 2 minutes.
- 8. Leave to cool before serving. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.